GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXHIBITION-SALE
This virtual exhibition will bring together the creations of some thirty artists selected by a jury of peers. Art lovers will be able to purchase their favourite works through the online boutique available from August 17 to 31, 2020.
As for the exhibition of the artist’s portfolio on the festival site, it will remain online for a while following the Mtl en Arts v2.0 festival.
« Despite the cancellation of the festival announced last April, it is essential for us to continue to support the work of more than 60 local visual artists, especially in these difficult times, » said Stéphane Mabilais, General Director of the festival.
DEADLINE : AUGUST, 5TH, 2020
WHO CAN APPLY?
We invite visual artists and craft artists to apply, regardless of the medium used, their artistic background (established artists, students, arts graduates, self-taught, etc.), their provenance.
For the past 8 years, Mtl en Arts has offered preferential conditions of participation to emerging artists because we believe it is important to support the careers of these young people and offer them opportunities to succeed.
We also attach importance to cultural diversity, which reflects Québec society as a whole. Mtl en Arts is committed to helping artists for a better integration of new immigrants. In recent years, the participation of artists from cultural communities has been steadily increasing, reaching 25% last year.
In this continuity, we wish to continue our efforts to include and encourage artists from diverse backgrounds and emerging artists to make themselves better known in the arts community and to the general public by offering them entry fees at very reduced prices.
You must send us the following information via the online form to complete your registration:
- 4 photos of your works: Digital photos (JPG format – 72 dpi resolution). The weight of each photo must not exceed 2 MB.Minimum format: 750 px (top and/or width) / maximum format: 1500 px (top and/or width). Procedure for naming photos: NOMDELARTIST_NUMERODELOUVRE.jpg.
- List of works: Include the size, medium(s) used and title of each work presented in the online form.
- Curriculum vitae: a maximum of 2 pages.
- Presentation text: biography including your artistic approach – short text in English and French if possible (200 words maximum per version) * in WORD format (.doc). The biography summarizes the relevant information on your CV (Date and place of birth, studies, exhibitions, awards and recognitions obtained, if any). The artistic process must explain the artist’s progress, intentions, creative and production objectives.
- PORTRAIT PICTURE: In order to communicate as well as possible on our exhibitors, we wish to add a portrait image for each artist file which will be put on line on the Mtl en Arts website. This visual will be used to accompany your artistic approach in the virtual gallery. In this perspective, please send a photo according to the conditions below:
- A portrait type photo (bust and face or face only)
- On a white background
- Resolution 300 dpi